Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ipod Embarrassment Part Two

Tracks on my Ipod I Should be Embarrassed About But I'm Not:

-Ten songs by Weird Al Yankovic (that's double digits people, yet I feel no shame)
-Multiple Tracks by Blink 182 (now this is a band that's "still good after all these years")
-
Still At Large (if I wanted to, I could walk around New York City listening to an Elk Rapids punk band. That's kinda cool. And who says I haven't?)
(I haven't)
-
Styx "Mr. Roboto"
-Rush "Freewill"
-Skatman John "I'm a Skatman" ("As a matter of fact Don't let nothin' hold you back If the Skatman can do it So can you A-scibbidedabudabadobado!")
-Fat Joe "What's Love?" (featuring Ja Rule and Ashanti) (this is awesome - don't argue)
-Prince "Raspberry Beret"
-Music from a 1993 computer game I played as a child
-Britney Spears "Toxic"
-Puff Daddy and the Family "Victory"
-Big Bopper "The Monster Mash" (perhaps the coolest song ever)

2 comments:

M. Ryan Kundinger said...

As you may remember, I have always upheld that "Cotton Eyed Joe" is far superior to "I'm a Skatman." I can only say now that I stand by this belief as fervently as ever.

Pop Doyle said...

What I remember are your attempts to drive me insane with that horrible, horrible song. All I wanted was to listen to I'm a Skatman really loudly while banging on my desk and singing along, but you had to be an inconsiderate roommate and interfere. Cotton Eyed Joe is clearly more embarrassing. It lacks the sophisticated wit of "I'm a Skatman" by Skatman John.

And besides, John is just a better name than Joe. I mean, who would you rather have as the GM of your basketball team, "John" Paxson or "Joe" Dumars?

...wait, nevermind...