Saturday, September 15, 2007

Letters to the Editor

The Yuba Post receives bags and bags of email everyday, and occasionally we get a few worth publishing - sometimes even worth reading. So, for our more passive followers (meaning, those who don't patrol Yuba Post comments as obsessively as the Yuba Post staff) we've plucked out some of the more notable Yuba Post reader remarks and included them here. It's a section we like to call, "Letters to the Editor."

Hopeful readers struggle to get their letter published on the pages of the Yuba Post

These are unedited comments from actual readers:

"I'm published on a reputable website!
-EricMiller, July 11

"Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais."
-Rodrigo, June 23
"stop talking"
-kittycatrat, September 2

"I think this blog is the greatest thing to ever happen to me."
-Jake Z, May 9

"I've been trying to read the Juba Post."
-Jake Z, July 9

"I like men who like hot dogs."
-Kelly, June 23
"If it makes you feel any better, I don't know what the word "doff" means. Also, I won't be able to drive for another 8 years. Also, girls have cooties and they won't leave me alone. Still, and I apologize for gloating, it was pretty cool to take down the Jolly Green Giant. How's the weather up there, freak?"
-Scott, September 11, to PopDoyle following their Rock Paper Scissors contest.

"Dat dere's a real nice limerickpic, p doyle."
-Poemin' Jerome astutely commented on June 24

"THAT'S THE STUFF, DOYLE! THAT'S THE STUFF RIGHT THERE!"
-Nik Frank-Lehrer, July 16

"Brandon Hall sucks. There's no way he would be able to rhyme depravity with ga-ravity. He is an inarticulate imbecile with the creativity of a worm on prozac. You give him too much credit, Mr. Frank-Lehrer. Too much, indeed."
-Senator Murphy, June 18

"Oh, if only I could be back in Yuba. Those were my happiest days. My second wife still loved me and my beautiful children believed me when I told them Lucky had run away. Those sure were the days."
-Senator Murphy, June 3

"You are a poser, Senator Murphy. You've never been to Yuba, and, if you'd had, you'd still be smelling the women there as we speak."
-Nik Frank-Lehrer, June 5

"I like to stroll downtown with a luxurious gait with my long blond hair flowing into the wind and think about colorful flowers."
-EricMiller, July 13, citing his favorite thing to do in downtown Yuba.
"Abraham Lincoln once said, 'if you are a racist, I will attack you with the North.'"
-Michael Scott, July 10, quoting his own quote from his fictional TV show.
"iPhones killed my mom."
-Harper, September 1

"Even more embarrassing, Rapid City got a score of 29. You did tie Williamsburg. I'm not sure you can be proud of that, though."
-hpesojnad, August 24, referencing Yuba's "walk score" of 6.

"I have a quantum car. Every time I look at the speedometer I get lost..."
-hpesojnad, August 10, responding to Kelly's physics joke with an equally confusing physics joke (but just as funny)

"THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I've already written 7500 words toward my quota and now you CUT YOUR VACATION SHORT!? Just for that, I will GO ON VACATION MYSELF! See how you like it!"
-Nik Frank-Lehrer, August 13, after learning his guest post had been canceled.

"I grilled a hotdog at Sayler Park once. It was good."
-Bob Conklin, September 1
"OK. So, obviously this is going to be asking a bit much, but I want MORE YUBA POST. The posts just aren't coming fast enough for me. The Huffington Post gives me updates like infinity times a day. So does the New York Times. I don't know if you need to boost your staff or what, but I'm like a junkie needing a good fix and getting the cut stuff once a day. It's weak. I need more Yuba Post. Please. I got the shakes and everything."
-Senator Murphy, September 7
"As a guy who plays it tough and also happens to love kittens, I have to say that these shots of Jalen are top notch! I've been following Jalen's work for years, and this cat is at the peak of his career. Give Jalen my love, because he has given me the inspiration to pursue a career in international modeling."
-ToughGuyWhoLovesKittens, August 8

"Jalen's a cat."
-Jake Z, June 1

"Jalen, you da man!
Your blog is chillin
and it's thrillin.
Dere's no cat you be betta than!
P.S. See, I ain just no slacker limerick-pic-response writa. Dis heah ABBA poem woulda made ole Sista Larentia proud a me, man."
-Poemin' Jerome, June 21

"too bad it wasn't fatal - would have made for a great obituaries column ..."
-Kelly, June 28, in response to Jalen the Cat's heat stroke.

"Nothing sexier than a cat with belly fat poking out below his shirt."
-M. Ryan Kundinger, July 30

"Why is the cat's name Jalen?"
-Nik Frank-Lehrer, June 2

"JALENyay!"
-Treebark's sister, September 2
"This is despicable. I hereby tender my resignation from this ignorant publication."
-Jalen the Cat, September 12

No comments: