Monday, July 9, 2007

Kelly's Travel Column: Brooklyn is not Siberia

You know they exist. You've heard them ... late at night in the Village ... or from the shadows of a Murray Hill bar:

"Oh my god. The most horrible thing happened to me this weekend! I was so drunk and I got on a train and I passed out and I woke up ... ... in Brooklyn."

THE HORROR!


My first encounter with these ... people ... went like this:


Client: "So where do you live?"

Kelly: "Brooklyn!"

Client: "Oh my god. We'll have to do more business with you. Get this girl some money!"



Who are they? They are the nightmare that haunts the lonely nights of your 5th grade teacher. They are the followers of Rowbotham. Yes, that's right, they are... Geography Failers!!!

Lucky to have made it through high school. Why are they GFs, our readers may wonder? Well they clearly believe Brooklyn is Siberia!

This is not Brooklyn.



Now, Brooklyn may not be the metropolis that is Yuba. And you do see the occasional Siberian Husky around ...




However, I can conclusively prove, once and for all, that Brooklyn is not Siberia.



Today's temperature: 95 degrees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm published on a reputable website!